Saturday, March 7, 2015

The "FUN" in Dysfuntion

Everyone has a past.  Everyone has stories.  Everyone has worries, troubles, questions, concerns, issues...we all have issues.  We ALL have issues.  I always say, if you brag about how perfect your life is, how great your kids are, how happy your marriage is, you are a fucking liar.  Yep, I own it.  NO ONE is perfect.  I think imperfection almost makes us more perfect than trying to come off as someone/something that you are not....perfectly imperfect.  People walk into our lives for a reason.   People also walk out of lives for a reason.  To teach us something, to help us, to make us feel okay, to make us feel "normal", to make us reevaluate what is important and what is real.    I met my tribe, all around the same time.  I'm not going into details, but we all came into each others lives at a time (that I think) we ALL needed each other.  The great thing about my tribe, we all know we are fucked up, but we own it.  We all know, that at a drop of a hat, each of us would come running to help the other out....anytime, anywhere.  Past experiences make us who we are, they mold us into who we want to be, they make us consciously aware of what we will become if we don't make a choice to stop the cycle.  I am me.  Every single day, me.  Sometimes not the best version of myself, not always true to myself, not always the best mom or the best wife and probably not the best friend, but I am me.  A girl, with a past that could probably be turned into a book or a lifetime movie.  A girl, in the present, living for the moment, writing my future, no regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment