Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gone Daddy Gone

B rarely travels for work, which is such a huge blessing.  I remember when O was a baby and B was gone half of the month, I was working and let me just tell you, it was awful.   Now that we have 4 munchkins, I could not even imagine him travelling.  As much as I would love to go back to work, nothing is better than sitting on the couch, watching Ellen and eating bonbons all day (sorry, just a little joke between B and I).  B has been gone for 24 hours, about 6 more to go.  When B is gone, the boys are on their best behavior.  I'm not sure what he says to them when he leaves, but whatever it is, it works.  Last night, our little was fast asleep by 7:30 and the other 3 were all in bed by 8.  Now, around 8:05, our middle-little came into our room  and said, "mommy, when I have a nightmare tonight, can I come running into your bed"?  Of course, now go back to bed.  Around 8:10, my middle came in and said, "mommy, can I sleep with you tonight"? Nope, go back to bed.  Around 8:30 I heard the sound of a YouTube video coming from my oldest room (he was supposed to be reading).  He thought I wouldn't hear his IPod that he snuck into his room, WRONG, hand it over little dude.  About 8:45, I heard the pitter-patter of little feet, the feet of H, tip toeing into O's bedroom.  "Do you know that mommy has utters?  Two HUGE utters" WHAT?  By this point, I was too tired to go in there and set him straight.  We've had the "utter" talk several times, but for whatever reason, H still thinks I'm part cow. FANTASTIC and clearly a sign that I need to stop nursing M in front of the boys .   I guess that was all he wanted to tell his big brother.  Just like that, he went back to his room.  By 9pm, ALL 4 of my boys were sound asleep, perhaps with the visual of my utters, dancing around in their heads.  Good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment