Thursday, February 19, 2015

Playing hide-and-seek with Clarity

Note to self: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT scarf down 3 pieces of pizza, and then think you are going to go to yoga after and work that shit out.  Because you are not.  What you are going to do is, lay in child's pose and think to yourself, "WHY did I eat that pizza", as the dough continues to expand in your stomach. Throughout the entire 90 minutes, which seriously felt like 5 hours, I wanted to run out of that room.  Instead, I tried, and tried, to regain my breath, clear my mind and set my intention.  It didn't happen, none of it. Usually I walk out of class feeling like a boss.   Yesterday, I walked out of class feeling defeated and still full from the pizza.   So, I decided to stop at a friends house, knock on the door with fingers crossed, hoping that there was a bottle of wine open somewhere inside....and that I would be invited in.  My Tribe never disappoints.  My Tribe not only had a bottle of wine open, but sat there with me, listened to me, heard me, laughed with me and opened up another bottle...or 2 of wine with me.  By 1am, I walked out of my tribes house with warm heart and calm breath. Yesterday was a good day, despite the occasional bumps and a forever wandering mind...questioning, wondering, waiting, missing....dreaming of the summer sun.


#truth 

No comments:

Post a Comment