Sunday, February 15, 2015

But not a real green dress (or sweater) that's cruel

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a bit of a fashion snob.  When I first saw B, in the elevator at work, I can tell you exactly what he was wearing...gasp.  A green polo, khaki pants, a really REALLY bad belt and...I don't even think I made it down to the shoes, but if I had, that would have sealed the deal.  I CAN tell you what shoes he was wearing on our first date, and they were white Nike's.  I remember coming home and telling my mom and sisters this, "I really, like him but he is SUCH a bad dresser....he had on white Nike's."    Since that day, he has never bought himself another pair of shoes.....or any article of clothing, thank GOD.  Today, while shopping at my new favorite store, the Meijer on 8 mile and Woodward (it's replaced my Target obsession), I came across quite a fashionista in the making.  This man....oh this man.  He had on every color, pattern, texture and season.  Please note-DO NOT intermix seasons, when it comes to clothing, EVER.  Anyway,  I love this particular Meijer for many reasons, but the #1 reason would be the people.  It's such an eclectic group....it pulls people from the 'burbs, from the city, from the streets, from....I'm not sure where? BUT, I've smelled more marijuana floating through that place than any, Pearl Jam/ Jimmy Buffet/Kid Rock, concert that I've ever been to.  The entire atmosphere is fantastic and today did not disappoint.  I SO wanted to strike up a conversation with this man, but I was afraid that his 16 year old girlfriend, with their newborn baby, would kick my ass, so I refrained. I have 4 boys and I can tell you, they will FOREVER dress well, they will ALWAYS wear good shoes, they will NEVER wear ugly green sweaters and they will always wear jeans that make their asses look FANTASTIC.....teach them young mamas. -J

No comments:

Post a Comment