Friday, January 2, 2015

Wake Up

I am one of those people that start every new year by with a laundry list of intentions.  Good intentions, some more realistic than others and the majority forgotten by noon that day.  What if my only intention was to wake up?  Pretty simple.   Go to bed and wake up the next morning. I went back to yoga today.  It had been a month and they were sending me emails asking where I've been.....That class kicked my ass and made me realize how much, in just 4 weeks, my body changed (the excess drinking and eating over the holidays was clearer than clear as I lay on my mat), how much my mind wanders, and how much I missed the physical and mental practice of yoga.  Yoga is my go to.  It calms me, it centers me and it makes me appreciate the little things, in life, that I take for granted.  Our teacher said something today that I kept going back to throughout those 90 minutes.  "You all woke up today, that's pretty fricking amazing".  It's that simple.  So, today, I will throw out my list of resolutions and instead, I will appreciate every morning, when I wake up.....keeping my fingers crossed that I don't lose my shit by noon, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment