Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Compliments Welcome

Who doesn't like a good compliment? I hated them, when I was younger.  Now, I will gladly accept them, look the person in the eye and say "thank you".  I especially like the compliments I get from other parents/spectators. Yesterday, I was on the playground with my boys (all 3) after school. I will be the first to admit, rarely do I take all 3 of my boys anywhere, let alone a playground where there are other kids, mulch to be thrown, dirt to be eaten and *gasp* other parents there to judge every little step of my parenting and my kids behavior. It was so gorgeous yesterday, so I said "what the hell" we are going and we did. It was a great time. When we were leaving, a random couple stopped me and the wife said "we watched you and your three boys and you are a really good mom and you have really great kids." REALLY? Why thank you, I will take the compliment and run with it. It's little comments like that, from kind strangers, that make trips such as this, worthwhile. Looking forward to our next outing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment